Whether you're looking for a venue for an office Christmas party, annual planning meeting, or other corporate event, trying to find the right location, size, and features to suit your needs can be like searching for a needle in a haystack. Sure, there are a multitude of venues to choose from, but what percentage of available venues are really right for your company's needs? Furthermore, do you have the time to go searching for them?
While large venues are often high-profile and easy to search out, the vast majority of venues and halls -- many of which are attached to hotels and restaurants -- are simply inaccessible. In order to really find and assess which ones will fit your event, you'll have to do a lot of phoning around. And even then, after you've compiled a short-list of possible rooms, you'll have to visit them all to really make an informed decision. Venue managers, after all, will tell you anything to get a booking -- and fail to mention all of the room's shortcomings. You'll only discover them after it's too late.
Fortunately for you, there are businesses that make it their business
to familiarise themselves with the best venues. Corporate events providers like Accolade Corporate Events are like you: a venue is simply a means to end. But whereas you might only need to book one or two venues for events in a calendar year, companies like Accolade work with venues on a weekly basis, scheduling and administrating several events for a wide range of clients. As a result of this work process, a venue finder really gets to know the ins and outs of the best venues.
Some basic factors to consider when choosing a venue:
- Size: Simply put, does the room have enough room for your event?
- Dimensions: Sure, it might be big enough, but is its shape conducive for what you need it for?
- Facilities: Are you going to have catering? Entertainment? The room has to have the ability to handle what you're planning.
- Location: Sure, you might find the perfect venue -- but if you're a London business and the venue is in the Midlands, it simply won't work.
- Price: Are you getting value for your money, based on what you're getting? And can you afford it?
The best part about working with Accolade to find your next venue is that they do it for FREE! If you're ready to find the venue that works for you, be sure to check out Accolade's FREE venue finding service